Monday 3 December 2012

Blood Spatter Nail Art

I'm still toying around with how to photograph my nails better (albeit the better I get, the more flaws you see, eek!) but here's my blood spatter (proper name, not blood "splatter", hehe) nail art.

It was a lot of fun to do, even though the whole thing took almost 2 days to do. I used this tutorial from Specktor's Nails. I was really impressed at how long it lasted on my nails: a full week! This includes all the head scratching I seem to do at work when I'm stressed out. All I did was follow that tutorial and used Seche Vite as a top coat.

Blood Spatter Nail Art Done By DIY Decals

Blood Spatter Nail Art Done By DIY Decals

One thing I learned is the base coat doesn't need to be wet to apply the decal! It just has to be tacky enough to stick. I suppose that's why you can see there are some spots that look pressed in too much. Next time!

2 comments:

  1. Totally just avoiding working. Creeping your blog and then WHAM! Holy ****** I'm in love. This are amazing, epic, every other descriptor in the book. Love. So in love with these. Dexter nails indeed (in more than one way). Sorry. Done feeling out. Back to work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that first part sounds like me every day! Why am I so good at that part? Hehe, anyway you should totally try these out! I definitely suggest to work with decals because you can pick out the coolest spatters that way. I am going to try this again soon with more of a Kill Bill theme, I think. :D

      Delete