Monday 8 April 2013

OPI Mermaid's Tears Swatch

Alright - it finally happened. After 2-3 weeks of gluing and patching my index finger, I have finally decided to let it go in exchange for a change for it to just grow back healthy. So while I'm taking a break for it to grow back, I'll be burning off the rest of the backlog which, although isn't that old - I don't feel like it really represents where I'd like to be with my swatches, nail care and photos.

Up first, from 4 months ago - is OPI Mermaid's Tears from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection from the spring of 2011. It was one of my first non-black polishes when I first decided to start wearing coloured polishes after the Katy Perry collection. Mermaid's Tears is a vintage seafoam mint green creme which isn't dusty or subdued like some of these shades can be. It's fresh. The formula is smooth and goes on quite nicely in two coats. My swatch is shown with no top coat:

OPI Mermaid Tears Swatch

If you don't own this shade, I definitely recommend picking it up if you spot it in a sale bin in the nail salon. It's one of my favourites. One of the few I've come back to multiple times.

And like I said, this is an older swatch - from now on, I no longer want to use a white background with my swatches, and I definitely prefer my round tips over this... confusion.

4 comments:

  1. I love this colour! Too bad it was a limited edition. I did get one from that collection, it's On Stranger Tides and I got it on sale for $4, including taxes!

    And your swatch looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I regret not getting the entire collection, lol. It reminds me when I used to work retail and hated everything that came in but the more I saw it, the more appealing it was. So strange how that happens!

      Delete
  2. I want that! Hopefully I'll find it on clearance at Target soon. I still surprise myself at my sudden fondness of lighter colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally get that. I used to only wear dark shades and now all of a sudden, I'll basically try anything!

      Delete