Wednesday 6 August 2014

Rainbow Honey Stolen Dance Swatch and Review

Whew! So I am going to be a lot busier than expected this month. I won't be able to follow my usual week formula but I will be posting. I don't think it will be every day. So essentially: "I am back but I am also sort of not." It makes perfect sense! Here's the last sample I have from Rainbow Honey's Summer Mixtape collection. You have about 12 days left for the awesome 20% off promo so remember to use MIXTAPE20 when you check-out from the shop. And again, be sure to check out the actual Summer Mixtape playlist because it's an awesome mixtape that really isn't getting enough attention! This is the polish based off my favourite song off the playlist... Stolen Dance.

Rainbow Honey Stolen Dance Swatch

From Rainbow Honey: We shouldn’t talk about it, but this pale kiwi green will entice you with its gold and violet shimmer...

Stolen Dance is a track by Milky Chance
and it's actually my favourite song off the Summer Mixtape. I'm happy I got at least one of the cremes from the Summer Mixtape collection to try out! The description is fairy accurate but I think there's a bit of milkiness to it, which makes me wonder if the song's artist was considered? Mayhaps? Again, I've been having a lot of problems painting my nails in my room - I've got a fan going. I was having a really hard time with the formula when it was on, but when I turned it off, I had an easier time. Two coats does well for coverage. Here's two coats with top coat:

Rainbow Honey Stolen Dance Swatch

Rainbow Honey Stolen Dance Swatch

Rainbow Honey Stolen Dance Swatch

Rainbow Honey Stolen Dance Swatch

You might already be familiar with Stolen Dance... But that's because I used it to showcase the craziness of Rainbow Honey Best Friend:

Rainbow Honey Best Friend Swatch (over Rainbow Honey Stolen Dance)

And lastly, I wanted to do some freehand black tips because my nails were finally at a good length (albeit I broke my pinky nail over the weekend, fml):

Rainbow Honey Stolen Dance Swatch

Rainbow Honey Stolen Dance Swatch

Overall Stolen Dance is a pretty nice staple! I wish it was a one coater so I could use it for nail art (my half moon obsession) but it's a lovely colour and does pretty nice as an undie for glitter toppers. The subtle shimmer is also fairly pretty and makes it wearable on its own.

How would you wear Stolen Dance? What's your favourite song off the Summer Mixtape playlist? Is it the same as your favourite polish too?

Full disclosure: This sample was provided for an unbiased review.

9 comments:

  1. Dangit! I forgot to use the code on the order I placed a few days ago. I even knew about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shit - did you email CS? I bet they would help you out, especially if you are a loyal fan and I know you are! <3

      Delete
  2. My favorite songs off the playlist are I Wanna Get Better by Bleachers (Jack Antonoff from fun./Steel Train's solo project) and Elevate by St. Lucia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole playlist is so good AND CATCHY. I Wanna Get Better is SO catchy. Shark Attack got me too.

      Delete
  3. The color looks so pretty! Paired with the black tips it's pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful color! and your ring, lovely!
    Following you now :)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Followed you back. :)

      I try my best to coordinate my rings with the polish but sometimes it doesn't always work lol! ;)

      Delete