Wednesday 22 January 2014

Julep Tracy Swatch and Review

Have you ever done that thing where you tell yourself you're not going to spend any money, and then life ends up costing a bunch of money anyway? That's me right now, haha. Luckily I'm so backlogged in my nail polishes that I've got enough material to keep going. But I've been so ansty lately for whatever reason - I am thinking about cutting back on my part time gigs and go back to school. Ah well, too many things to think about!

For now, here's Julep Tracy. This is my FIRST JULEP to be on this blog and you can thank my NPBFF (that's Nail Polish Best Friend Forever) Caitlin from Addicted to Lacquer since she was kind enough to get me a whole box o polish for Christmas! (Spoiler alert, there's more Juleps down the pipe!) One of my really good friends told me that the formula was awesome, and I've gotta say - it lives up to the claim!

Julep Tracy is a denim blue foil that went on quite gracefully after two coats. It has a really nice opaque shimmery finish on its own. Here's two coats of Tracy with no top coat:

Julep Tracy Swatch

Julep Tracy Swatch

Julep Tracy Swatch

Julep Tracy Swatch

Julep Tracy Swatch

And always for funsies, here's Essie Set in Stones tips:

Julep Tracy Swatch (with Essie Set in Stones)

Julep Tracy Swatch (with Essie Set in Stones)

Julep Tracy Swatch (with Essie Set in Stones)

Anyway I gotta say my first experience with Julep was great! Formula was great, bottles and box were a lovely presentation. I can see why all you girls show so much love for Julep. Another reason why you polish fiends might like Julep is because you can fit in a million in your Helmer drawers, AM I RIGHT? (I know I am! Haha!)

Have you tried Julep polishes before? What do you make of them?

4 comments:

  1. This polish really looks like sparkly jeans! It's a really nice blue. The Essie is a good match too, it adds extra sparkles. One can never have too much sparkle! :p
    I've never taken the plunge into Julep. It's been very tempting, but just not enough to make me do it.

    I have lots of friends who went back to school later in life and now that they're done and in new jobs they're happier than they were before. Go for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I just haven't felt any motivation in the last few years to change it up but with some changes in my life (namely my break up), it makes me want to grab all the lemons. And make all the lemonade.

      Julep is great but I guess I have been losing all interest in buying things lately? I am trying to buy less this year, especially material goods.

      Delete
  2. You might be considering going back to school, but if it makes you feel any better... I still haven't left :P (I'm 25... and have years to go, ugh). I like Julep a lot, though full price is ridiculous I have a lot of their polish through various deals and sales and the monthly sub is a fun treat every once in awhile. But I really have way too much polish. I don't have Tracy though I have wanted her, so pretty! Also I still want that polish collection tour ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 25! Psh, I wish I was still 25! When I was 25, I was already trying to climb that career ladder and hustling - I got caught up with being able to do whatever with money but I found myself to be a bit unhappy with things.

      Now it has sort of snowballed into this nice floaty area of confusion. YAY.

      And you think you have too much polish? I have over 400! I guess that means I can keep this nail blog going for a while though - LOL!

      Delete