Thursday 30 January 2014

Rainbow Honey Be Mine Swatch and Review

Rainbow Honey was kind enough to send me a surprise package of five new samples for the new year. I didn't expect it at all so it was SUCH a nice surprise. I already own a few of them, but I haven't put them all on Claw of Cthulhu to share. This motivated me to get a move on it, haha! The samples I received are: Sweet Talk, Be Mine, Papillion, Changeling Queen and Persephone. I'll be posting those over the next few days but I figured I'd kick it off with some of the samples from the Sweet Talk collection! They are being re-released tomorrow with Sweet Talk: Part 2. So stay tuned on Rainbow Honey's Facebook Page for more detail.

Rainbow Honey New Years Sample

So I've actually reviewed the OG Sweet Talk collection before (you can check that out here) but Claw of Cthulhu was still a baby and I think after a year, much has changed! Rainbow Honey Be Mine is described on the Rainbow Honey store site as "a lovely kiss of pink on your nails - a "crelly" finish polish with a dusting of microshimmer and gold flecks". The descriptor of 'crelly' speaks to the formula - it can be built up to a nice cream finish, but it applies very thin. Not opaque. Formula is good here - better than I remember. Not too sure if it's my painting skill being better. It could possibly be it. I found it covers well in two coats, but I used a third for good measure and finished it with Seche Vite for a slick glossy finish. Check it out:

Rainbow Honey Be Mine Swatch

Rainbow Honey Be Mine Swatch

Rainbow Honey Be Mine Swatch

Rainbow Honey Be Mine Swatch

Rainbow Honey Be Mine Swatch

I love it. It looks wonderful on its own. I love how rosy and cheery the pink tone is. I could definitely go vanilla with this, or use it as a base for nail art. I don't think I've had the chance to use Rainbow Honey's The Frizz too much so I was curious on how it looked over top. I think the two compliment each other for a colourful look, but I think I would still prefer to have Be Mine matched with similar palettes instead. Curiosity kills the cat. One coat of The Frizz:

Rainbow Honey Be Mine Swatch (with Rainbow Honey The Frizz)

Rainbow Honey Be Mine Swatch (with Rainbow Honey The Frizz)

Rainbow Honey Be Mine Swatch (with Rainbow Honey The Frizz)

Rainbow Honey Be Mine Swatch (with Rainbow Honey The Frizz)

What do you think about Be Mine? Will you be getting in on the Sweet Talk collection? Also... For my own sake (haha), are my swatches and photos getting better? Damn, I hope so!

If you want to give Rainbow Honey a whirl, make sure you use the promotional code ILOVENAILBLOGS. You'll get $5 off your purchase!

Full disclosure: This sample was provided for an unbiased review.

6 comments:

  1. i definitely like the colouring in your photos now better, switching over to non-dead hands was a good call :)

    this shade is really pretty! i love the fizz, but yeah, not so much together...

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I look at my old photos and I think - jeeez, how did I ever go so wrong, SO LONG? And then I think OH MY GOD WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME, haha! I am glad we're all in the same boat - but I am still wondering on how to improve!

      The Frizz ain't so bad over top but I guess it's just not my style to have something like that that's so loud, haha! (Although I've had some insanely loud nails in the past but I guess not with this dusty type of palette.)

      Delete
  2. Oh Rainbow Honey, how I <3 you!
    I loved your pictures back then, but I think today's pictures are better. Better lighting and angles. That's the thing with time, we improve our game. :-)
    I find it's the same for mine too, some of mine from my beginning make me cringe, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your photos! They're so great! Your blog just keeps getting better and better!

      But it's always important to look back every so often, even if it's just to see how far along we've come. :)

      Delete
  3. I love that golden shimmery glow in Be Mine <3

    ReplyDelete