Wednesday 26 June 2013

Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle Swatch and Review

Surprise, surprise - it's actually another full week here on Claw of Cthulhu as next Monday is CANADA DAY (weeeuuuu!!!) so I'll be away until next Tuesday. I'll be posting some Fandom Cosmetics swatch and reviews from today until Friday. Now, if you haven't heard of Fandom Cosmetics, they are a relatively new indie polish on the scene run by two BFFs (Annie and Leigh) who have a real penchant for glitter and not to mention - ALL THINGS FANDOM! (Just look at their logo!!!!) All their polishes are also 3-free. You can check out their website here.

Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle Bottle

So today I am kicking off Fandom Cosmetics week with a little polish called Rumbelle, based on one of Annie and Leigh's fave OTPs in Once Upon A Time. I must admit that I haven't watched Once Upon A Time, but I think my nail polish BFF Caitlin could school me and tell me what it's all about! (Although I totally Googled "once upon a time rumbelle" and the first hit was "rumbelle smut tumblr", haha, in the world of polish, I best be careful with what I'm getting into!)

Anyway, Annie and Leigh describe Rumbelle as: "Inspired by our personal OTP, because it's forever dearie. This polish was designed to represent the chipped cup, and all the Rumbelle feels it has brought on over the last two seasons. This is a white creme base filled with gold holo dust, giving the base a soft golden creme shimmer. It is filled with holographic gold flecks, marine holographic hex, and white circle glitter." I am loving the gold holo dust in this polish - it was probably my favourite! The white creme base is a little sheer, but I don't see that as anything bad as I really feel like my fave gold dust was really brought out over a darker colour. Formula wise, this polish went on smoothly and there was no problems with fishing for the circle glitter.

Here's two coats of Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle over Essie No Place Like Chrome. I used a coat of Seche Vite to give a nice glossy even look:

Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle (over Essie No Place like Chrome)

Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle (over Essie No Place like Chrome)

Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle (over Essie No Place like Chrome)

Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle (over Essie No Place like Chrome)

I saved my favourite combination for last but here's two coats of Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle over OPI Black Onyx. Again, I used a coat of Seche Vite to even the glitters out and make it all glossy:

Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle (over OPI Black Onyx)

Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle (over OPI Black Onyx)

Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle (over OPI Black Onyx)

Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle (over OPI Black Onyx)

I definitely have a preference for Fandom Cosmetics Rumbelle over a darker colour because all the gold dust, holo flecks really come out to play.

So, does Fandom Cosmetics make a great ode for their Once Upon A Time OTP? What kind of base colour would you layer this over? Again, you can check out Anne and Leigh's shop right here if you are interested in this polish, or other excellent nerdly polishes of the sort!

Full disclosure: This sample was provided for an unbiased review.

17 comments:

  1. This is ridiculously amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Accio Lacquer! (I feel like I totally waved my wand or something, lol) - Ah you found my blog! I am such a fan of yours - I am a huge fan of your swatches and photos! I hope mine will be awesome like yours some day. ^__^

      Gushing blog fangirlism aside, yes I loved this polish from Fandom Cosmetics! (Even if I encountered some smut but HEY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT GUYS.)

      Delete
    2. I totally waved back! You blog has the best name....ever. Done. End of story. And I loooooooooove your swatches!

      Be careful of tumblr. I don't even want to describe the smut I found searching for My Little Pony gifs. It was...bad.

      Delete
    3. Haha yay! I am glad you like the blog name! Random fact: This blog WAS going to be called "YVR SWAG" in an ironic sense but I am glad I stuck with my true nerdy self, hehehe. ;)

      Oh dear! The "clop clop" you speak of is HORRIFYING! I already encountered some terrible furry smut while I was looking up Animal Crossing pics - how dare they!!! ;____;

      Delete
    4. Sooooooooooooooooooo glad you went with Claw of Cthulhu

      Delete
  2. I think it might be lovely over scarlet or royal purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh damn it would totally look amazing over a royal purple!!!! The blue glitters would totally compliment purple! :D

      Delete
  3. This is a really intriguing polish and I am very curious what other swatches you have in store this week! I also love it over the dark colour, what an unusual combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I love about indie polishes they most - I like that they really push the boundaries of the norm, creating fairly unique polishes. This is definitely unique and I haven't seen before!

      Delete
  4. This is pretty great I wish I would have invested in some of these when you first mentioned them. They pretty much do all of my favourite fandoms! I could have totally told you about Rumbelle! Oh well. Anyways this is awesome can't wait to see the rest.
    Also... eeek an Accio Lacquer comment *squee*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are no longer allowed to use your phone to do blog comments! Or I might just disable the captcha.... Let's see if I can do that... OK it's done. I totally disabled the captcha so now next time you text me - I can call you on it! MWAHAHAHA! Just joking, I love you. (I totally swallowed my breath when I saw the Accio Lacquer comment, holy omg.)

      Delete
  5. Ooo this is really pretty! I've never heard of this brand before and I just looked them up quickly. They have a lot of shows that I watch, and really nice polishes!
    I used to watch Once Upon A Time, but I just stopped this past season for no real reason. I couldn't remember who Rumbelle was but the chipped cup reference made me remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many fandoms! I am really excited for their SailorMoon and (I am not really supposed to say but their hints are all over the place) Star Trek AHHHHH collections. :D I can't get enough nerdy polish!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love this one!! I think dark colors are just perfect for this one ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes agreed! Totally love how every fleck and colour just POPS! ^__^

      Delete
  7. I love this! I'm grabbing their Sailor Moon ones when they come out in a week, and I'm so tempted to get this, also. Belle and Rumple are my two favorites from OUAT. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sailor Mars and Sailor Jupiter previews on IG look so good and tomorrow I'll be sharing one from the collection (shhhhh!) - I hope you dig em. I love all the different takes of Sailor Moon polishes and because I missed the boat on Daily Lacquer, I am glad there's another to fill my moonie void! <3

      Delete