Tuesday 18 June 2013

Icing By Claire's Deliciously Scrumptious Swatch and Review

Hello everyone and welcome to Cheap Polish Tuesday where we explore and discover polishes found on regular price or on sale for $5 or less! Today's I've got yet another from Icing by Claire's! I said I'd spread these out but honestly, I am having so much fun with these speckled-inspired polishes that I couldn't resist. This is the last of the 3 known available speckled shades! Again, at Icing by Claire's, my fellow Canadians can buy these polishes for $5 each and my American neighbours can get this for $4.50. They have a regular promotion of Buy One, Get One Half Off!

So here's Icing by Claire's Deliciously Scrumptious - C-C-C-C-C-OMBO BREAKER! Not too sure why it doesn't follow in the same suit of "Mint Choco Chip", "Choco Chip" - but instead it gets its own unique name! This polish is a slightly deeper cotton candy pink with solid black micro and hex glitter. Did Deliciously Scrumptious make the speckled polishes three for three? Well, heck yeah it does - another two coater. Here's my swatch with a Seche Vite top coat:

Icing by Claire's Deliciously Scrumptious Swatch

Icing by Claire's Deliciously Scrumptious Swatch

Icing by Claire's Deliciously Scrumptious Swatch

To my knowledge, there isn't a pink shade quite like this in the original Illamasqua speckled shades so this one would be unique! I actually quite like it and for the price, I definitely recommend picking up Mint Choco Chip and this one. Choco Chip is a little bland for most folks but I like it. Great set for less than $15!

I also placed an order for not-so-cheap nail polish on Nail Polish Canada - they had an Enchanted Polish restock - I couldn't resist. Here's one coat of Enchanted Polish Djinn in a Bottle over top of Icing by Claire's Deliciously Scrumptious:

Icing by Claire's Deliciously Scrumptious Swatch

Subtle but I'll find more ways to wear Djinn in a Bottle another time.

Which of these speckled polishes are you favourites? Will you be picking up any of these shades?

13 comments:

  1. I like those :) And much cheaper than the DL versions. I shall probably score some of these next time my daughter wants to go shopping :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend them - I hope you get pick them up! I had to go to different locations to get all 3 - good luck! :D

      Delete
  2. Yay for Enchanted restock, is Djinn a holo? I really want a holo top coat :(

    This is probably my favourite if the three Icings, it's really nice! Yay speckled polishes, I have two that I'll be sharing in the next week or two myself though mine are a bit more over the top they are so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Djinn in a Bottle is a holo top coat! It doesn't show in this swatch but I am going to do a another photo set later with a darker colour so you can see all the holo godliness!!! Recommended if you can pick it up on Nail Polish Canada!

      Hehe, I can't wait to see your speckled polishes! I am all about them!

      Delete
  3. This is definitely my fave! Maybe I should stop lurking in the super ~goth~ area of Claire's and pick up a few polishes :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha but the ~goth~ area is my favourite! Haha, I still have my gunmetal toned tiara with black rhinestones from high school. :D :D I've upgraded to leather restraint cuffs instead of spiked bracelets - not because I'm kinky, they're just better made. ;) #TMI

      Delete
  4. All three are so pretty. I think my favorite is Min Choco Chip. But great find for only $5 each plus the sale's at Claire's make it even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mint Choco Chip is a total score! I am glad I found it in the first Icing store I went to. The second store I went into, only had this one! I hope it's widely available because I think it's a total must have.

      Delete
  5. I work at a body shop so I have to point out to people where to sign on their invoices. When I wore Scrumptious I got lots of compliments and one lady asked "Did you add the glitter?." A friend of mine said it looked like a strawberry shake on my nails. I loved it. And for the price absolutely! I can't decide if I like Mint Choco Chip or Scrumptious. The colors, the glitter, the easy application... delicious! Nom nom nom nom nom...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are tied for me! I think I might actually lean on Mint Choco Chip because I am a mint kinda gal but man this is so pretty and the different colour just gives it a brand new look. It's so awesome that your nails get pointed out! Reminds me of the time I worked so hard on this blood spatter nail art and no one noticed it until I was shooting a concert and the bouncer noticed, hahaha! :D :D

      Do you own any other polishes from Icing? These were a huge hit for me and now I am wondering if there are others I am missing out on!

      Delete
  6. I love it! I'm going to the mall this weekend and I think a stop by Claire's is a must! Do I need polish? No. Will I buy polish? Most likely yes! :p This one and Mint Choco Chip are my favourites of the 3.

    Enchanted Polish, I love their logo. This one kind of reminds me of China Glaze Fairy Dust, only in a finer milled form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha do I need polish? DEFINITELY NOT. I do wish I had another polish buddy who was local to me so we could just combine super powers (polish stashes) and that way I wouldn't be so cramped up about money. Ah such an expensive hobby sometimes but as long as we're having fun. YOLO or whatever. (I can't believe I just said that.)

      Anyway if you pick up, let me know what you think! I hope you like them!

      As for Djinn in a Bottle - it's really just a holo coat, but I did an awful job at showing the holo. I think I finally figured out a way how to do holos but it sucks (I have to shoot outside the lightbox). I'll be posting one tomorrow for my "Friday post" so I'd love to get your opinion! <3

      Delete