Monday 24 June 2013

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Raccoon Clock Best Buy Nintendo Zone Exclusive Inspired Nail Art

EDIT: Apparently you can download the DLC Best Buy exclusive items from your very own home. Check out this forum I found from the Animal Crossing: New Leaf page. Thanks Internet!

Welcome to Shitty Nail Art Monday where I am most likely the most predictable human being on the planet posting none other than... ANIMAL CROSSING NAILS! Haha, I bet all of you saw that a mile away since I kept talking about it in my posts and comments for all of last week! Anyway, today's art is based on the Best Buy Nintendo Zone download exclusive item in Animal Crossing: New Leaf - the Raccoon Clock! I'll go over the details after the nails on how to get your own in case you don't know so I'll spare the rest of you the grossly verbose nerdy details!

Here we go - Best Buy has some exclusive downloadable items all summer via their "Nintendo Zone". (Link here for more details.) Last week and this week, the item is a Raccoon Clock, which bears an undeniable resemblance to the evil Tom Nook:


(Thanks for the upload, Animal Crossing blog!)

I was wanted to do Tom Nook nails but I figure I'd take the opportunity to do this design (as it's also much simpler, haha!). I didn't have the right colours, but I used Color Club Earthy Angel, a nude-ish tan creme for a base, and then used Color Club Rad Nomad for the tips (inspired by the clock's tail) and a highlight nail. I did the highlight nail with a dotting tool, and finished it with a high gloss coat of Seche Vite:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Raccoon Clock Best Buy Nintendo Zone Exclusive Inspired Nail Art

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Raccoon Clock Best Buy Nintendo Zone Exclusive Inspired Nail Art

And here's a matte version with Essie Matte About You:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Raccoon Clock Best Buy Nintendo Zone Exclusive Inspired Nail Art

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Raccoon Clock Best Buy Nintendo Zone Exclusive Inspired Nail Art

I am really glad I went with this design because it's simple and much cuter than if I had tried to do a directly inspired Tom Nook design as it would have called for more details. I also wish I had the right colours but c'est la vie!

Anyway, so just in case any of you are playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf, you can go to a participating Best Buy and download the raccoon clock until the 29th! You can only download it once so if you plan to sell it, it's gone as it's not an item you can purchase from any shops.

Here's a copypaste from the Nintendo Zone page:

How to Download SpotPass Items

1 - Bring your Nintendo 3DS and Animal Crossing: New Leaf game to a participating Best Buy store with Nintendo Zone.
2 - Make sure the wireless feature of your Nintendo 3DS system is on.
3 - Open and load the Animal Crossing: New Leaf game.
4 - Check your pockets—make sure you can carry a new item.
5 - Go to the Post Office on Main Street.
6 - Talk to Pelly at the counter, and select “Ask about a Present.”
7 - Agree to connect to the Internet and download the item.
8 - Once the download is finished, you can see the item in your pocket.
9 - Make sure you save the game before exiting or shutting off your Nintendo 3DS.*
10 - Your new gift will be in your pocket when you start the game next time. Now you’ve got an exclusive item to decorate your home!

*Be careful—if you shut off the system or exit the game without saving, the exclusive item may be lost. But, if you save the game properly, you can safely exit the game or shut off your Nintendo 3DS.

Please Note: If you give this exclusive item to another player, you will not be able to get it again, even if you visit Best Buy with Nintendo Zone again, during this limited-time offer.
'

One note that they didn't make clear was that you have to go to your Settings, select Internet Connections and set up a Best Buy Internet connection. You may have to ask a sales representative for the password. The whole marketing is a little misleading because it says something like "come to a Best Buy with a participating Nintendo Zone!" yet it doesn't really have anything to do with the Nintendo Zone app on the Nintendo 3DS OS. I find that part to be confusing and there were clearly some people who didn't read the instructions as my local Best Buy sales rep had some angry people at him. They were adults too, ah the shame! Haha!

EDIT: OR JUST DO IT THIS WAY (Source.) Copypasta:

Step-by-step walkthrough:

1) Change your SSID on your router to "Bestbuy" (you can also use tethering on your cell phone)
NB in Europe use "_The Cloud".
2) Make sure you can connect to it via your wifi settings
3) You should get a message on your 3DS homescreen indicating you're connect to a Nintendo Zone
4) You do NOT need to load up Nintendo Zone. Simply boot up New Leaf and go to the post office for your DLC!


Anyway, I hope all of you are having a better Monday than me! Let me know if you are done with my Animal Crossing: New Leaf nail art, or if you want me to explore something else! (But I hope you don't mind the Animal Crossing, hehehehe... There is just so much cuteness everywhere!)

6 comments:

  1. I say keep going with the Animal Crossing nail art but that's just because I'm loving the game so much! I hope to travel to the island today. I'm debating on going to a Best Buy near me to try this out but I hate to spend the time figuring it out or getting upset if it doesn't work. We'll see!

    I love your nail art though. It really does resemble the clock. I think the colors work out fine and it looks so pretty with the matte coat. I think it'd be cool to see the icons/logos of the different shops for your next nail art, such as, the bow or shirt from the Able Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! You are totally in luck! I was on Facebook and was reading through the posts and all you need to do is actually hook into a network NAMED "Bestbuy" - Check out this forum for more details: http://www.projecthyrule.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53

      Step-by-step walkthrough:

      1) Change your SSID on your router to "Bestbuy" (you can also use tethering on your cell phone)
      NB in Europe use "_The Cloud".
      2) Make sure you can connect to it via your wifi settings
      3) You should get a message on your 3DS homescreen indicating you're connect to a Nintendo Zone
      4) You do NOT need to load up Nintendo Zone. Simply boot up New Leaf and go to the post office for your DLC!

      THANK YOU INTERNET! I hope it helps!

      Anyway, the island is where the money is at. I've been farming beetles and making 300,000 Bells each bell trip, being choosy over the beetles. (I might be insane.) Anyway, thanks for the nail art ideas! I definitely want to continue doing them for the next little while so I am happy that at least one person is OK with seeing them, hehehe. :D :3

      Delete
  2. All the actual animal crossing stuff was way over my head, but I love this manicure! That raccoon nail is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love it, it's so cute! :D
    I don't play or know what Animal Crossing: New Leaf is, but keep the art coming! :-)

    ReplyDelete