Monday 12 August 2013

Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X Creme Gradient Nail Art (Bonus: Rainbow Honey Special World)

Do you ever do that thing where life is changing and you're all like "yayyyy" but at the same time, "holy crap what is going on, what is happening"? That's sort of what's happening to me but ah well, when there's a will, there's a way. Also nails. Always nails. Today I finally get a chance to do Shitty Nail Art Monday since I have been off Monday for the last couple of weeks. With that said, I don't rrrrrreally think these are shitty. They're pretty fun actually! I made a gradient with the cremes from Rainbow Honey's Summer of 199X collection!

I used OPI White Alpine as a base to start. With a cut piece of kitchen sponge, I painted on the colours: Rainbow Honey Mint Flavor, Rainbow Honey Tessie, and Rainbow Honey Apple Kid. I've been recommended to use a make up sponge, but last time I did, I found that it sort of fell apart and left little pieces of sponge on my nails. When applying, I just lightly went up and down the nail just to give it some blending. It's still not the best blend but I think it's OK for my standards, haha. I also reversed the gradient on the ring and thumbnails as "highlight" nails.

Here's my gradient before clean-up:

Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X Gradient Nail Art

And here it is after clean up, with a coat of Seche Vite:

Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X Gradient Nail Art

Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X Gradient Nail Art

Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X Gradient Nail Art

There were some spots that you could see where I screwed up, and the polish was being pulled back up by the sponge - probably because I didn't put enough polish on the sponge. Anyway, I figured now was the perfect excuse to try out the limited edition Rainbow Honey Special World polish created for Dee's birthday! I got #19 out of 100. I believe this one sold out super quick - and I am glad I got one! It's awesome! This reminds me of Lisa Frank:

Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X Gradient Nail Art (with Rainbow Honey Special World)

Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X Gradient Nail Art (with Rainbow Honey Special World)

Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X Gradient Nail Art (with Rainbow Honey Special World)

Rainbow Honey Summer of 199X Gradient Nail Art (with Rainbow Honey Special World)

Did you get your hands on Special World? Does this scream Lisa Frank or what? What other nail art would you make from the Summer of 199X collection? I never knew it would get the creative bloods going! (ALSO DID YOU WATCH BREAKING BAD LAST NIGHT? BECAUSE OMGGG HOLY SHHHHIIII...)

10 comments:

  1. Oh so Lisa Frank... all the way! Next mani should have leopard spots ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, in the couple years that I've been doing my nails - I have never tried leopard spots! I really oughtta!

      Delete
  2. I never know what to comment here besides THESE ARE SO FREAKING TIIIGHT!

    Love that Lisa Frank shit. Puppies and unicorns and cool bears on skateboards forever. Love these with the Special World for real, love the pre-cleanup sponge shot too. You are totally tubular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man I don't know why Lisa Frank hasn't tapped into the nail market and made some nail decals or something. YOU ARE MISSING A MARKETING OPPORTUNITY GUYS.

      Delete
  3. You seriously need to drop the "shitty" from Nail Art Monday!!!
    I love your gradient, and that messy shot is just so stylish! Ahhh the truth behind doing gradients.
    I had to google Lisa Frank, but after seeing her stuff I definitely had that when I was a kid, and your nails really do go with it.
    I hope everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Caitlin told me next time to use vaseline to make the clean up a little less painful. I do it with make up pads so I nearly swiped the pinky nail off!

      Everything is OK in my neck of the woods, but it's all in the air, and I am on the ground with grabby hands trying to make things happen! :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh so cute! I like the reversed gradient on one nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a good idea - I may have to try it again!

      Delete
  5. argh, SO MUCH GORGEOUS. I can't even handle it. Love it with the Special World topper. The accent nails are a neat touch. I have to try gradient someday. I hope you wore this for a few days at least, so pretty!

    I hope things are changing in a good way! My life has been pretty stressful and rough lately so I am hoping for some good changes myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually only wore it for an hour because I couldn't stop staring at my nails but I may try it again when I am doing some shooting. Having colourful nails is a nice conversation ice breaker and it actually makes my job easier as someone who is sometimes shy!

      I hope everything is good in your neck of the woods! Rooting for you girl!

      Delete