Tuesday 12 March 2013

Essence Oh My Glitter! Swatch

Welcome to Cheap Polish Tuesday where we check out polishes easily found on sale or in stores for $5 or less! Today I'm super sick and ended up taking medication that knocked me out for 12 hours (don't ask) so this one's a little late. I'll catch up on all the blog posts I missed yesterday! :) ANYHOO - here we have Essence, a brand that is exclusive to Shoppers Drug Mart here in the cold north of Canada. They retail for $1.99 which is a super steal for any polish addict looking for a quick fix. I ended up getting mine when Chantal of Chantal's Corner gave me a heads up on the "Buy One Get One Free" sale... So I got mine for $1 each in No Buy February. Sweet deal if you ask me.

A few notes here. These are the new bottles of Essence which emerged probably in the late summer in 2012. I think the new brushes are a complete mess. They remind me of a softer version of the "perfect stroke" brush from Nicole by OPI. I hate them. Needless to say, they're still OK to work with and even though the sales associate at Shoppers told me that Essence polish formula was thin, I had no such problems with the colours I choose.

Up first on the Cheap Polish Tuesday Essence edition is Essence Oh My Glitter! - first off the name of the colour is a little misleading. Oh My Glitter?... Wait. What glitter? There's no glitter in this guy. It has some shimmer but that's all I'm about to give credit for. Oh My Glitter! is a nice buttery lavender purple. It sports hints of rose and subtle teal shimmer but nothing too much to notice in regards to any major colour shifts. I like this one. The formula applied nicely with no fuss in two coats. It's a perfect deep lavender basic, or even as an "undie" (is that the official term for that? LOL) for a glitter polish.

Essence Oh My Glitter! Swatch

I've been happy with all of the polishes I've picked up from the Essence line and I can officially say that I am full of envy that our American neighbours get more selection such as the Essence Fruit collection this spring! Great price and a great product. I'm pleased. I'll be sharing more swatches from Essence in the coming weeks.

And just as a bonus, here's OPI Polka.com over Essence Oh My Glitter! - I showed it a couple weeks back but now you know what Oh My Glitter! looks like on her own!

OPI Polka.com Swatch (Over Essence Oh My Glitter!)

OPI Polka.com Swatch (Over Matte Essence Oh My Glitter!)

I'm feeling a little better now from being in bed all day but I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to be up all night again. I don't want to rely on the same medication that basically shut me down. This week we have more important things like Hoof Polish by my beset home girl Caitlin from Addicted to Lacquer. The madness starts tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Great. Another one to add to my want it pile. Still haven't grabbed polka.com what is wrong with me?! Beautiful swatches as always. I'm glad you're feeling better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence polishes are sooo good. I'm obsessed now! If I hadn't already owned so many of the colours (some of them are too similar to ones I own), I'd buy ALL THE ESSENCE! $1.99!!! Can't go wrong; pick Oh My Glitter! up, it's seriously a great basic.

      Delete
  2. Awesome swatches as always...You know, they sell Essence everywhere here in the US but I have yet to try any of them?! I don't know why, the bottles just don't look that appealing to me. BUT, I have yet to see any of the Essence in those shaped bottles, and I really love purple. Maybe I'll have to pick up a couple of them this weekend just to try something new :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live in a land of luxury my dear, haha! I know how you feel about the bottles. I wasn't sold on it yet but the new bottles are definitely easier to hold than its previous form. Also when it comes down to a high quality product for a steal of a deal, it's totally worth it. Go for it! :D

      Delete
  3. I hope you're feeling better.
    I LOVE Essence polishes! I actually love their brushes too, I find the wide brush require less strokes for application, and my pinkies get done in one swipe! :D
    This is a really nice purple, but I agree with you, where are the glitters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge fan of the chunky brush but I'd sure take the chunky brush over that little shit stick brush from Essie. I swear I'll stand on a hill and yell this stuff, haha. Worst brush!!! My pinkies get done in one swipe too. :) My boyfriend's sisters have tiny nails though and they've complained about OPI and thicker brushes so I guess that's one reason why Essie is a winner for a lot of the smaller nailed folk. :) Different strokes for different folks! (PUN INTENDED.)

      Delete