Monday 11 March 2013

Ishihara Colour Plate Nail Art

Ever do that thing where an idea was a lot better in your head? Well, that's what happens to me a lot of the time - but this nail art takes the cake for being the worst. Welcome to Shitty Nail Art Monday where I open the week with some bad nail art.

Today I have some nail art I did last week where I wasn't feeling well. I wanted to use my new dotting tools I got from eBay but didn't know what to do. I thought about some designs I could do with dots and then I figured the Ishihara colour perception test would be perfect... I thought I had the colours but alas I was wrong. For this I used OPI Alpine White, OPI Jade is the New Black, Color Club What A Shock, Joe Fresh Cherry, OPI Skyfall, Color Club Almost Famous, Color Club Wham! Pow!, OPI Fly, and Color Club Chelsea Girl. Phew! Well, maybe in the end, I was the one who's colour blind, haha.

Ishihara Colour Plate Nail Art

Anyway, this is pretty bad. It looked OK in the beginning stages but then it just got messy and I think that's just due to poor colour choices. I guess I'll have to expand my polish collection? Hehe.

4 comments:

  1. Okay I'm beginning to think I have really bad taste because this is the second time I've seen your nail art in my reader and thought 'that looks AWESOME!!' and then it turns out to be a part of your shitty art Monday. I think you're nutty! This is so amusing and awesome in my book. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thank you! I did do those rose nails that you might have seen on Instagram (I'm sharing them next Monday) that I am sort of liking so my best hope that a year of "Shitty Art Mondays" will evolve into... "OK Nail Art Mondays", hehehe. I did like the idea of this but I think the dots were too messy and the colours weren't right. Hopefully I'll find a design I can do that's similar. :D

      Delete
  2. I agree with polishfox above, I think these look awesome! When I saw the post in my feed I knew right away what they were and thought "these are sooo cool"!
    I suck at coming up with nail art ideas and I love yours, keep 'em coming!
    You need to remove the "Shitty" from "Shitty Nail Art Monday" though cause your designs are not shitty. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh some of them are so shitty executed. I swear I have good intentions lol! I just need to improve my steady hand AND PATIENCE. Oh man, it's a lot of work! I didn't realize how long it takes to do some really nice nail art. So much new found respect for all the nail artists!!!

      Delete