Friday 15 March 2013

Hoof Polish Puckzilla Swatch

Well it's official: I have bronchitis. Rocking the anti viral pills and not one but TWO inhalers!!!... But honestly, I feel like death and I had to cancel out of a huge event on Saturday. It was really upsetting for me to have to do but I can't sacrifice my own integrity as well as the event's. It just looks bad. However I feel bad because I feel like I look unreliable. Sigh, luckily my lead is a cool guy and totally understands.

Anyway, today I've got the last of the Hoof Polishes that Caitlin from Addicted to Lacquer created and kindly sent over. Here's a link to the back story and inspiration in case you haven't checked it out!

So I decided to save my fave for last... Hoof Polish Puckzilla. It looked simple in the bottle but wearing it breathed so much life into it. Puckzilla is comprised of a silver base, cobalt gunmetal multisized glitter and speckled black and brown glitter. Originally I was going to attempt to layer it over top of Essie No Place Like Chrome but it was unnecessary because it was actually so dense on its own!

Hoof Polish Puckzilla Bottle and Macro

Here's Puckzilla on her own. Isn't it freaking gorgeous? Remind me of ice queen nails.

Hoof Polish Puckzilla

Hoof Polish Puckzilla

Using a matte top coat didn't seem to do much because it's so freaking shiny. It can't be tamed!

Hoof Polish Puckzilla

I decided to test the waters to see how it would act as a layering polish. I layered one coat of Puckzilla over top of OPI Russian Navy. Although I love it, you have to be a little careful because it might look streaky depending on your application. Luckily Puckzilla has some great coverage so I didn't have any bad luck on that front. I love it like this.

Hoof Polish Puckzilla over OPI Russian Navy

Hoof Polish Puckzilla over OPI Russian Navy

And finally, a matted version:

Hoof Polish Puckzilla over OPI Russian Navy

I like it this way because it really highlights the black and brown glitter.

Anyway, usually I am the queen of verboseness but I'm going to cut it off here. Sorry I've been behind on my blog reading. I promise I'll check out all the great posts you've all made in the last couple of days. I just can't really move right now and I'm dying. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Yay. I love it. Thanks for doing such an amazing job!! You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronchitis, oh no! :( I hope you feel better soon.

    Oh wow, this one is all sorts of shiny! I love glitter mixes that are FULL of glitters and these all seem to be, awesome! And this is another one that would look good on almost any colour.

    ReplyDelete