Thursday 23 May 2013

Different Dimension Orbital Swatch and Review

Different Dimension week continues on Claw of Cthulhu and I am absolutely so stoked about all these polishes. I hope all of you are tackling the week with ease and have something awesome on the weekend but hey let's save the weekend talk for tomorrow. I'll be doing a rare Friday appearance so let's go full steam forward with Different Dimension Orbital.

Different Dimension Orbital Swatch

From Different Dimensions' Etsy store page:

Orbital named after orbital spaceflights, which are spacecraft that remain on a trajectory where it could remain in space for at least one orbit. This polish has a black jelly base with blue, purple and pink holographic glitters in multiple sizes scattered throughout!

Different Dimension Orbital Macro

Different Dimension Orbital was one of the first that caught my attention out of my sample minis because of the beautiful and sleek glitter mix. As a big space galaxy aesthetic fangirl (I've got galaxy leggings and skirt that I wear always), this just paired up with my style PERFECTLY!

Different Dimension Orbital Swatch

Different Dimension Orbital Swatch

The formula for Different Dimension Orbital was great and I had no problems with glitters being pulled to the tips. The black jelly is opaque enough to not have to do so many coats, and it's sheer enough to really give the layers their own depth. I love that the glitters look like little stars on my nails. Just. Gorgeous. The holographic glitters give it an extra push for that little extra galaxy swag. (Did I just say swag in a nail polish review? Oh God I did.) My swatch is 3 coats, with Seche Vite top coat for a nice shiny finish:

Different Dimension Orbital Swatch

Different Dimension Orbital Swatch

Different Dimension Orbital Swatch

Although my macro photo above shows the glitters pressed up the side of the bottle, it's definitely not an indicator how the pretty the potential depth you get by layering the glitters. These match my space clothes perfectly.

You can check out this polish and more over at Different Dimension's Etsy shop. Have you guys hopped on the Black Milk galaxy leggings train? I am sure my girl Chantal might love their Lord of the Rings line, hehe.

Full disclosure: This sample was provided for an unbiased review.

4 comments:

  1. NO WAY, they have a Lord of the Rings line?!? I have to look those up!!! Bah, my work is blocking their web site. Boo you work, and thank you Google Images. Oh my I need to get me some of those!

    This polish really looks like a galaxy on your nails, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that I could pull off that Middle Earth Map dress! I have the Black Milk Star Wars leggings but man they costed a fortune - Not sure how so many girls around here have 10+ pairs, yikes! (But I guess people think that when they see my polish collection, haaaaa!)

      Delete
    2. I so wish I could pull off that dress too! The leggings will have to do, but yikes! I just noticed the prices (I can finally browse their site now that I'm home). I'm gona have to find a cutsie skirt - or shorts - to wear with those since I can't pull off the leggings by themselves either. Spend, spend, spend, spend, lol! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the way this translates onto the nail! So pretty.
    Also I can't wait to rock my BM leggings this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete