Monday 4 February 2013

Kill Bill Inspired Nail Art

I was late on the boat when the movie Django: Unchained came out, which is a bummer because I had already written up The Best and Worst of 2012 and didn't include any movies I hadn't seen. Had I seen it, this would have made it into the top 5. Of course, like with any other Tarantino new release, I spiraled back into the past, watching Inglourious Basterds, Pulp Fiction, and of course... Kill Bill. I had forgotten all about my major hard-on (so to speak) for Kill Bill. I loved the fight scenes and the anime break. I loved how much of a badass Uma Thurman was. The same night I watched Kill Bill again, I also tweeted about how I would do some Kill Bill nail art. I tend to just shout on Twitter blindly since no one really follows me, but lo and behold, my first non-robot follower had replied to me. So, here's to keeping promises... (Albeit shabby...)

Kill Bill Inspired Nail Art

This was created similar to my blood spatter nail art. Again, using Spektor's DIY nail decal tutorial, I created a base layer of yellow using Color Club's Almost Famous. I drew on a straight (well as straight as I could) black line with a generic black striper. With a regular drinking straw, I blew some Joe Fresh Cherry for the blood spatter. Originally I had tried to use tape to create a straight black line, but it lifted my polish from the plastic bag and I had to start all over again. Lesson learned: do not even try to use tape for decals. I must have been dense that night.

4 comments:

  1. Very Kill Bill-ish =D Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is killer ;) i am a fellow tarantino lover!

    new reader & subscriber, your blog name called to me haha <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks Kellie!!! I'm still new to this whole blog world, so if you have any pointers, please let me know! (Honestly my intentions are just to meet and find new cool nail blogs so I've sub'd to you as well. Merci beaucoup!)

      Delete