Wednesday 6 February 2013

piCture pOlish Tiffany Swatch

Well I've had enough of crappy nail art and cheap polish. It's mid-week and I feel like spoiling myself a little. It's not even the first week of No Buy February and I've already indulged in a nice sushi dinner. There's a nail polish sale at Shoppers Drug Mart and it's driving me nuts. As you can see from my nail polish collection, I really don't need anymore... I have enough polish to last me until the end of the year for this blog! In either case...

Diamonds with breakfast! That's what it reads loud and proud on piCture pOlish's bottle of Tiffany - a definite ode to the luxury jewelry brand. This is my first piCture pOlish, so I am unfamiliar with the bottle and brush. I think the bottle is super cute, but I found the brush a little harder to work with. I am very partial to shorter, wide brushes as it gives me the most control. (Confession: I do zero clean up on my nails; I just aim to get it right.) The formula is really, really milky and very creamy. For the most part, it's very smooth. I applied three thin coats for full coverage.

piCture pOlish Tiffany Swatch

And because I know you want to know what I wanted to know... How does it stack up against the actual Tiffany blue? Well, I just so happen to have a Tiffany bag. (Note that I don't know why I have a Tiffany bag. I own no Tiffany jewelry... Sigh, I wish I were a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller... Haha...)

piCture pOlish Tiffany Swatch

So here's piCture pOlish's Tiffany with a Tiffany bag! How does it do? Not bad, actually. The tone is bang on, however it's a little bit lighter than the actual Tiffany blue. I wouldn't worry about it, though - I doubt anyone would actually notice!

Overall, I'm pretty happy about my first experience with piCture pOlish. I hope I see some more in the future!

3 comments:

  1. Love this, I read somewhere that Tiffany's has their blue copyrighted so the colour can't be reproduced and sold (there's also a chance that this is totally incorrect) I wonder how this stacks up against CG For Audrey (not that I have either one to compare)

    ... I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat, and a '64 Impala

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I had no idea! I had to actually look it up and you're absolutely correct! From Wikipedia (because Wikipedia knows everything, basically): "The color is produced as a private custom color by Pantone, with PMS number 1837, the number deriving from the year of Tiffany's foundation. As a trademarked color, it is not publicly available and is not printed in the Pantone Matching System swatch books." That's kind of crazy! You learn something new everyday...

      Delete