Thursday 14 February 2013

Ruffian Nail Art With Special Guest Rainbow Honey My Love

It is... 3AM and I just finished doing my nails for Valentines Day. It all seemed like a good idea at the time but enh. I am not sure if it turned out. It's one of those times where it's late and I have lost all sense of good judgement. For example: Drinking a huge glass of tea, followed by doing your nails is not the best idea. Take it from me!

So I've interrupted our regularly scheduled programming for Valentines Day. (Barf, I know, I know.) The truth is I never wear pinks or reds and I figure, hey why not? This is a great excuse.

For my "Ruffian Manicure" (I feel weird about using the word manicure because I didn't actually do any cuticle care before painting my nails. I really just painted my nails. Anyway.), I used Color Club Poptastic as the base coat. For a stark contrast, I used Cult Nails Nevermore, a one coat black. I freehanded the shapes and tried to maintain a consistent pink curve. I wanted something a little "more Valentines" and I have been looking for an excuse to use Rainbow Honey My Love so I just went ahead and did it. I hope the results are OK!

First Attempt at Ruffian Nail Art

First Attempt at Ruffian Nail Art

First Attempt at Ruffian Nail Art

I'll save the extended formula reviews for individual polish swatch posts, but this was a great team of colours for this type of nail art. Poptastic was a 2 coater and dried very quick. Nevermore, a one coater, applied smooth and even - and of course lives up to its promise here: being a one coater. Lastly, I love Rainbow Honey My Love. I was having SUCH a hard time choosing between My Love and Dearly Beloved as the special limited edition gift with my order but ultimately I think I picked the right one because A Little Kindness is one of my favourite Rainbow Honey polish. Yum! I'll have to save more words for a review post.

And here's a last one. It's the present I am giving my Valentine. He surprised me at work today with red roses. I never thought I'd be that kind of girl, but there I was, pretty surprised and shocked that someone would visit me at work and hand deliver me flowers. Anyway, this is a LEGO heart. It separates into two pieces and then combined again to create a heart. One of my favourite dates was when we went to the LEGO store and just built things for an hour. I'll spare the cheesiness. It's still 3AM and things could get verbose and sloppy quickly!

First Attempt at Ruffian Nail Art

So there it is! I'll be posting the last of Rainbow Honey's Sweet Talk collection later today and then consolidate all the Sweet Talk goodness (and then some, shhh!) into one mega post on Friday for reference.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to try something like this, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you you were pulling off the hearts mani!! This looks super cute on you. I also love the lego keychain and the brief story behind it...I love those little moments that become so special!

    ReplyDelete