Monday 25 February 2013

DAVIDsTEA Perfect Mug Inspired Nail Art - Holly Red Winter Tree and White Budding Tree

I hope all of you enjoyed the Oscars on the weekend. I personally wasn't surprised at any of the winners, but I am so glad that Anne Hathaway won for her role in Les Miserables because she nailed that performance. Absolute perfection.

Anyway back to nail business, specifically Shitty Nail Art Monday featuring some more art based on DAVIDsTEA Perfect Mugs. I was going to make this into two separate Shitty Nail Art Monday entries but I was way too slow on uploading these and the mugs I've chosen are slowly disappearing off the website. So today I'm posting a 2 in 1!

First on the plank is the Holly Red Winter Tree. If my life wasn't already full of mugs, I would probably be close to getting this one for myself. For some reason, I am really into trees that take over the whole canvas. My shower curtain is just a giant tree. For this, I used Joe Fresh Cherry as the base and then used a generic white striper to free hand the branches. Yes, my freehanding needs quite a bit of work.

DAVIDsTEA Perfect Mug Inspired - Holly Red Winter Tree

Second up is the White Budding Tree - this one is still up on the website to see. I don't really like this one. I think it's really sloppy. Anyway. As a base, I used OPI White Alpine, OPI Mermaids Tears for the branches and OPI Jade is the New Black for the leaves.

DAVIDsTEA Perfect Mug Inspired - White Budding Tree

Anyway, that's all I've got for my DAVIDsTEA Perfect Mug nail art. I am going to try and do other nail art until more DAVIDsTEA Perfect Mugs come out, so Mondays will go back to regular swatches, or if I am adventurous enough, other nail art adventures!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE David's Tea. Anyway, what do you think about OPI's Alpine Punch? I have Essie's Blanc, but I really want to explore a new white. Most white and black polishes suck, so I'm curious to hear your thoughts. I love the red manicure most, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough of DAVIDsTEA. They tweeted at me some great news - more new mug designs in two weeks! I can continue my dumb DAVIDsTEA project, hehe. I got confused with "Alpine Punch" because that's a tea from DAVIDs, LOL - but White Alpine! Yes! It's a decent self levelling white, but because it's a "basic" colour, I try and encourage other alternatives. Have you seen Cult Nails' Tempest? I believe Kellie Gonzo just wrote a review on it and it was comparable to Cult Nails Nevermore. If that's the case, that's a real winner right there: http://www.kelliegonzo.com/2013/02/cult-nails-tempest.html

      PS: I love Alpine Punch, iced, sweetened with almond milk. Delicious but can also become old quick. I found that after 50g, I am bored of it already.

      Delete
    2. Whoops, White Alpine haha. Even the most delicious drinks will get old after awhile. I love Read My Lips and Forever Nuts!

      Delete
  2. Have you tried Kiwi's Big Adventure? I didn't realize that's what the name was until some friends came over and I was going through my teas. The name just cracks me up, lol!
    These are cool! I'll have to try some freehand soon. I got some tools now so no more excuses. I do have an idea for a spring design but I'm missing some green... that OPI Jade is the New Black would be perfect, I must look into that next month... in 3 days I can buy again, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we both have tools! I got my dotting tools because of your IG post, hehe. I actually just tried using one last night for the first time. I did galaxy nails! (They looks a little meh, but that's my fault.) I had fun with it and pretty sure I'll have to use em again soon. I love Jade is the New Black. It was one of my first colours when I was "branching out" from just plain black polish, hehe. It stained my nails really bad but I don't think I started wearing base coat until a year ago! I should probably test this one...

      What are you going to buy? I am going to try not to go too nuts. I just want a couple of those Zoya Pixiedusts (Dahlia and Vespa are the ones I am eye-ing)...

      Delete
    2. Honestly I don't really need anything, well except for that green since I don't have anything close to that shade yet. But you know how it is, you see polish, you want polish. :p I don't have any of the textured polishes yes and I'm loving the Zoya swatches so maybe 1-2 of those. But other than that I'll try to stay calm with my purchases and go through my untrieds first. I will snag the essence spring edition if I see those though. At $2 a pop you can't really complain, tee-hee-hee! :D

      Delete
    3. I failed No Buy haha. Just today. I ended up picking up those Zoya Pixiedusts from Nail Polish Canada. And yes, I know all about seeing polish and then pretty much wanting it, haha. That happened to me a lot when I started building my collection. Now that I pretty much have a small empire, it is slowing down though. I haven't seen the Essence Spring Edition - are those the yellow, orange, purple polishes? One of them was called Cherry Blossum girl? I wish we had more Essencer in Canada!

      Delete