Wednesday 3 July 2013

Zoya Noot Swatch and Review (Bonus: Essie Set in Stones Glitter Gradient)

I'm back to the grind today and I hope all of you are enjoying your week so far! I guess my American neighbours will be celebrating Independence Day tomorrow! HOLIDAYS FOR ALL! I'm into it. Anyway today I've got a polish that I recently picked up at Winners on a retail therapy binge. It was $5.99 which is cheaper than most places I've seen. It was an impulse decision but I'm pretty happy with the turn out.

So this is Zoya Noot, which to my knowledge is actually from the Designer Fall 2012 collection inspired by New York Fashion Week. It's a very pigmented charcoal creme, with a heavy green leaning undertone to it. It's gorgeous. I don't own a shade quite like this! Formula is great - self-leveling two coater and dries to a nice gloss finish on its own. My swatch is two coats, with no top coat:

Zoya Noot Swatch

Zoya Noot Swatch

Zoya Noot Swatch

Zoya Noot Swatch

Zoya Noot Swatch

I wonder where the name comes from. I kind of wish that it was MOOT because it's such a funny word to throw around.

Ah well. Anyway Zoya Noot makes a great base colour for glitters, stamping, anything really. I think it's a great basic and it's very stand out and bold at the same time as compromising for anything that you might want to partner it up with. Here's a glitter gradient with Essie Set in Stones. I think it's a completely different look but it Noot is still maintained in the spotlight:

Zoya Noot Swatch

Zoya Noot Swatch (with Essie Set in Stones gradient)

Zoya Noot Swatch (with Essie Set in Stones gradient)

I'm really digging this colour and it matches my Star Wars summer top (that's right - I just linked to something on Hot Topic, apparently I'm still 15 years old!) and space/galaxy motif trend that I am being suckered into so when I am too lazy to do galaxy nails (which is all the time), this is a nice basic alternative.

So has summer hit you guys where you live? Vancouver just got its first heat wave (still nothing compared to what my California friends are facing). Is anyone else wearing their fall shades in the summer? Or am I just the crazy weird one?

13 comments:

  1. No heatwave here yet, betch. Hot Topic 4 lyfe (lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the weirdest thing going to work in shorts and tank top and then immediately having to wrap yourself in a blanket in your air conditioned office. #officethuglife

      Delete
  2. I love wearing Fall shades all year round. This color is really pretty and I love that it's self-leveling and so glossy without a top coat. I have a Claire's nail polish close to this color but not as dark. Love the gradient with the glitter.

    We had a small heat wave earlier but nothing drastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might even go as far to wear this polish to a wedding I have to go to over the weekend. I like summer colours but the truth is before I started getting into nail polish, all I would wear is black. I still find the summer colours to be too distracting!!!

      Delete
  3. I love some fall colours and I recently wore Essie Sole Mate so yeah, definitely not the only one. But my mom was visiting and I got a couple horrible photos so I may not share that one on the blog. I also recently got my first Zoya! Can't wait to try it out. I love this one especially with that Essie glitter, GORGEOUS. Not a real heat wave in here yet but I guess I'll see how it goes! Love the Hot Topic top :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL HOT TOPIC! I swear I am getting much too old to wear clothes from Hot Topic but I think I don't know how to dress myself. I still wear hoodies daily and my skirts aren't getting any longer (and I am not getting any younger either, yikes). But anyway - which Zoya did you pick up? Where did you get it from? They're not found regularly in stores so I always find them to be a bit elusive. ;)

      Delete
  4. OMG I love this combination! And NOOT is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man Noot was surprisingly pretty. I just found it on a discount shelf beside some other reject colours but this one is so great when it's solo!

      Delete
  5. We are going through a heatwave right now, I think the humidex went up to 39° today, ugh!

    This is a beautiful colour! And I love how shiny and self-leveling it is. And about dark colours in the summer? Hell yeah! As much as I enjoy all colours, pastels and brights and all, dark colours will always be my favs. :)

    And hello cute ring! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 39 DEGREES?!?! YUCK! It finally cooled off during the week - so cool that I actually shut the windows in my basement as it was getting almost too cool for sleeping... But I much prefer the cold than I do with the heat. You can bundle up in blankets (hehehe I DO) in the cold, but there is NO escape from the heat.

      Man I love this Batman ring and I want to wear it, like all the time but I don't want it to become boring so I'll just show it off every now and then. :))

      Delete
  6. I love it when a polish makes me go "hmmmm how would I describe this colour". It realy is gorgeous, I'm all for darker polish in the summer :)

    And jjfgkldfkgjl -excuse me- your ring <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Describing colours is fun! I think it's my favourite part - but no one beats Scrangie. I think she's top shelf when it comes to writing about colours.

      Delete