Friday 18 January 2013

Color Club Snow-Flakes Swatch

I am eating some sponge cake and oolong tea and it is absolutely glorious. We know how to do Fridays around here. Or, at least I do.

Ending the week by ending my swatches of Color Club's Winter Affair! Here's the last one, a flakie polish called Snow-Flakes. There are a lot of variations of flakies in regards to colours, colour combinations but this one is pretty much exactly like Essie's Shine of the Times in that the colour shift is primary orange/red to yellow/green. The flakes are mostly a fair size, not small specks. The main difference between Shine of the Times and Snow-Flakes is the density. My personal preference is to have a sparser amount of flakies so the base colour is still highlighted underneath so Snow-Flakes is great for my use! If you are looking for a really dense flakie, stick with Essie's Shine of the Times... That is, if you can find one!

Color Club Snow-Flakes Swatch
Snow-Flakes over one coat of OPI In The Spot-Light Pink

Color Club Snow-Flakes Swatch
Snow-Flakes over one coat of Quo by Orly Little Black Dress

Color Club Snow-Flakes Swatch
Snow-Flakes over one coat of Quo by Orly Little Black Dress

Color Club Snow-Flakes Swatch
Snow-Flakes over one coat of Quo by Orly Little Black Dress, matte-ified by using one coat of Gosh "Matt Effect" Top Coat

I actually ended up doing a comparison of Shine of the Times vs. Snow-Flakes so I'll be posting that next week. As for tonight? I am kicking off my birthday weekend with some good friends, good tacos, and good stupid movies (is that a thing? Oh well, it is now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment