Wednesday 2 January 2013

Cult Nails Coveted Swatch

Yay 2013. I actually don't care too much for New Years... Traditionally it's always been the worst day of the year for me but I made an extra effort to keep it low key and good times were actually had. I got to hang out with my BFF from London and we didn't even countdown. It was actually glorious.

Anyway I am just looking forward to continuing to post all my nail things on the blog and hopefully improve on my application skills, as well as general nail care. I've always been really bad at maintaining my nails, especially the health so I am going to try to work on that. Not a new years resolution, but something I've been trying to do for the last couple of months, especially after that huge break a couple of months ago! Almost recovered!

Here's Cult Nails' Coveted. I have to admit that I really looked forward to it at first but when I applied it, the formula along with containing those giant glitter shards was really irritating! I don't like it when nail polish is advertised as a "flakie" when it's really just "giant shards of glitter". The 'flakie' glitter can best be compared to China Glaze's Luxe and Lush and Revlon's Moon Candy. It's a complete mess. If you are lucky, you can make it look great, and even the surface with a thick application of Seche Vite, but asides that, this was not a pleasure to apply.

Cult Nails Coveted Swatch

I'll have to compare this to Cult Nails' Iconic as well because this is advertised as its green sister. Hopefully it's much better for application!

No comments:

Post a Comment