Monday 28 January 2013

OPI Liquid Sand - Get Your Number Swatch

It's liquid sand week! After longing for these damn liquid sands, I fiiiinally found them in Vancouver! For real guys, Canada gets everything last, so all you American nail bloggers make me drool all the time. Serious. The liquid sands are all from the Mariah Carey collection but I skipped out on the rest of the collection because nothing was completely stand out for me.

Alright, so let's kick it off with OPI Get Your Number. Off the bat, this one probably sports the most sheer formula out of all the liquid sands. I needed to use 3 coats to get a nice opaque coverage. Get Your Number is a nice denim toned blue, with matching grit and holographic glitter. It dries a lot lighter than how the formula applies. My swatch here is dry, but my friend who actually wore the polish had it lighten overnight.

These liquid sands take a while to dry. While they seem to take a while to be dry to the touch, they end up taking longer to be completely dry and most of them do lighten in colour.

OPI Get Your Number Swatch

I love the texture of the liquid sands. It feels like a softened grip tape. (I know that sounds unappealing but it was fun!)

You get a completely different look when you add a top coat.

OPI Get Your Number (With Top Coat) Swatch

Here is OPI Get Your Number with a top coat. A lot of top coat actually. These liquid sands are textured and tend to have more surface area so you will want to be prepared to apply fairly thick, or do a few coats. I wish I used my Seche Vite on this swatch, but I just used a basic Color Club top coat just to demonstrate the shift. As you can see, a top coat will restore the tone of the formula before it dries light.

In my opinion, I love Get Your Number with a top coat moreso than wearing it vanilla.

3 comments:

  1. I love the liquid sand polishes. I should really get around to posting them or it'll be march before my pics ever see the light of day. I think this was my favorite in the group I'm so in love with the gritty texture of them. I can't wait to get my hands on the Zoya Pixie Dusts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I am excited for Dahlia because I was thinking it would be great if it was plain black. I hope Zoya can get an even matte-r look, though. I really wanted zero shine but it's tough to get that out of a formula.

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome, and I love the colour! I really need to get some of these, I don't have any... yet! :)

    ReplyDelete