Wednesday 23 January 2013

DAVIDsTEA Perfect Mug Inspired Nail Art - Peppermint Snowfall

So if you know me well enough, you might know that I am absolutely obsessed with DAVIDsTEA. I usually don't sport any brand names on my clothing, but DAVIDsTEA is what I wear loud and proud on my perfect mug at work. I've been wanting to improve on my nail art these days and didn't know what to do to start... Then I figured out that this will be perfect - the tea that gets me through the day is also going to inspire me to improve my nail art.

So here's my first attempt. (Don't be too hard!)

This is the perfect mug from DAVIDsTEA that I am inspired by; it's called Peppermint Snowfall. I figured I would keep it nice and simple but as someone who has never freehanded any kind of nail art, I found it super challenging! I used a single fine brush that I got from Michael's. The base coat is OPI Mermaid's Dream, and the snowflakes and snow were made using OPI Jade is the New Black, OPI Fly, and a generic white striper I got from Superstore.

DAVIDsTEA Perfect Mug Inspired Nails - Peppermint Snowfall

DAVIDsTEA Perfect Mug Inspired Nails - Peppermint Snowfall

Overall, I think I am pretty OK with how it turned out considering it was my first time but there is definitely room for improvement! I'll be doing some more DAVIDsTEA Perfect Mug inspired nails over the next few weeks so just bare with me and my bad nail art skills for now!

2 comments:

  1. Aaahhh I love this so much!!! Love DavidsTea! This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool idea, and they look great! :-)

    ReplyDelete