Tuesday 9 April 2013

Essence Walk on the Wild Side Swatch

Welcome to Cheap Polish Tuesday where we explore polishes that were found at regular price or on sale for $5 or under! Today we're exploring the backlog editions - I've got another Essence polish, which is an exclusive from Shoppers Drug Mart. So far, every polish I've tried from the Essence brand has been a hit. Shall we try for three for three?

Here we have Essence Walk on the Wild Side, which is a deep camo, or army green with brighter green shimmer flecks. Formula was very smooth and applied with no mess or hassle within two coats.

Essence Walk on the Wild Side

I thought that the shimmer flecks would be a bit awkward with this shade of green because I figured it would be most effective as a creme, but I think the shimmer is subtle enough to not throw off the colour. I don't own any other colour like Essence Walk on the Wild Side as it's generally not my favourite kind of colour. For a $1, it's definitely worth the price tag. If you are into colours like this, I would say this is a great bang for your buck!

We're three for three!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Essence! :)

    I don't own many greens because it doesn't go that well with my skin tone, but darker ones can be okay cause they're not as green. This one is nice and I really like the shimmer in it. I'll have to keep it in mind if I ever need a dark green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually when I was writing this blog, I was thinking "well damn, when I am ever going to use this again?" But now I want to cross play Green Arrow for Halloween and this would be perfect with my olive green outfit, lol. Yay! This green is definitely more forgiving with skintones. If it were a vibrant one, it is always so overbearing!

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty colour! I really like the tiny shimmer in it :D

    ReplyDelete