Friday 5 April 2013

Rainbow Honey Gilded Angel Swatch (+Bonus Dearly Beloved)

I figured I'd post today to make up for the short week, so here I am! Last month, as some of you may know, I was pretty damn sick from a bout of bronchitis. I didn't do my nails for nearly 2-3 weeks! So when I was able to, I had to pick something good. I went with Rainbow Honey because my collection makes me smile and I love my top drawer in my Helmer being full of them with all the pretty labels on the top and oh, it's so glorious and oh, I have to stop...

I went with one of my Rainbow Honey untrieds - Gilded Angel from the Holiday Collection, released at the end of 2012. I skipped it at first but ultimately ended up going for it when I beefing up my order to get free shipping for the limited edition Pot O Gil. (Figures I'd pull a stunt like that, right?) Rainbow Honey Gilded Angel is a smooth metallic gold that has slight holographic tendencies in the sunlight. It's definitely not as strong as some of the mainstream brands' holographic polishes but it definitely still has that rainbow goodness outdoors. Indoors, it's definitely more subtle. My swatch is two coats with no top coat:

Rainbow Honey Gilded Angel Swatch

Rainbow Honey Gilded Angel Swatch

Rainbow Honey Gilded Angel Swatch

Formula for Gilded Angel was OK. It was a little bit thick, and the first coat was very patchy, but with a second coat, the application seemed to be fairly self-leveling. Like with Rainbow Honey's other standalone basic pink creme Be Mine from the Sweet Talk Collection, I would be very careful when applying as any repetitive strokes would end up in patchiness.

Since I am a whiner, I also convinced the crew at Rainbow Honey to give me Dearly Beloved instead of a second Pot O Gil (which was given for free with purchases over $50). I am really glad they allowed it because I was regretting not getting it earlier and seeing swatches of it was killing me. I love it. Rainbow Honey Dearly Beloved is a glitter topper consisting of gold flakes, red multisized square and heart glitter. It's simple enough to be fun yet versatile. I used it to create a slight glitter gradient and then placed the red hearts (of course required fishing as with any glitter like this) on my ring and thumb for highlight.

Rainbow Honey Gilded Angel with Dearly Beloved highlight and gradient

Rainbow Honey Gilded Angel with Dearly Beloved highlight and gradient

Rainbow Honey Gilded Angel with Dearly Beloved highlight and gradient

Rainbow Honey Gilded Angel with Dearly Beloved highlight and gradient

These two make a perfect combo for someone who is out of practise from doing their nails as the gradient blends in fairly well with the base colour. Wear time on this was great - I got a full week by using Essie All in One base coat and Seche Vite top coat.

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. These 2 go great together! Love your swatches as always.

    I know I keep talking about it but I'm so excited about my RH order!!! :D

    ReplyDelete