Wednesday 17 April 2013

OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre? Swatch

The best part about ordering from Nail Polish Canada for me is that I get my orders within 48 hours without fail *knock on wood* so I placed an order for Nail Envy Matte for $9 (which is the cheapest I've seen it; I usually see it for about $18-20), as well as Seche Restore and OPI's new matte top coat! I'll be doing a matte top coat comparison post next week! More on that later.

For now, I've got a swatch of OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre? which I actually ended up buying in remorse recently over the disappointment of the new Oz shades. I figured they all looked so close to the New York Ballet soft shade collection, I might as well just pick up ones I missed since I was so happy with the sheer jelly formula from the two that I already own (Care to Danse?, and My Pointe Exactly)... So here's You Callin' Me A Lyre?, which is a peachy pink, very soft and delicate. The formula is just ace. I looooove the formulas for the New York Ballet soft shades. It builds up so nicely from first coat and onwards.

Here's one coat of OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre?:
OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre? Swatch

Two coats:
OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre? Swatch

Three coats:
OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre? Swatch

I love this because it's such a great sheer and with a nice serving of coats, it gives you the illusion that your nails are completely healthy. My index nail is pretty much glued together and salvaged (which I did for about a month before finally breaking down and cutting it for a fresh start); but I find that it's not that noticeable with You Callin' Me A Lyre? - Highly recommended, great base colour to do french tips on.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It does look like a natural nail colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the NYC Ballet soft shades, they're soooo lovely.

      Delete