Wednesday 3 April 2013

Essie Where's My Chauffeur? Swatch

Well, after a few weeks of constant gluing and patching... I finally decided to cut my nails. I was really digging the length of my free edge but I just couldn't handle the every day gluing and patching anymore. Boourns! I suppose in the meantime I can go looking for a nail treatment - strengthener, growth solutions - you name it. So if you guys use anything like that, please let me know! I've got a great daily cuticle oil routine going so hopefully my nails will be healthier from now on!

Anyway, another from the backlog. This also best illustrates how long my nails currently are so it feels like it's not a backlog photo! Here's another from Essie's Winter 2012 collection. Again, I am not sure if these are limited edition shades but I really did love them all - even if they were Essie, which I feel is overpriced. This one is Where's My Chauffeur? which resides in that "Tiffany blue" category, which is apparently my kryptonite when it comes to nail polish! This type of shade will always be first to catch my eye! Despite not being a fan of Essie brushes, Where's My Chauffeur? had a decent formula which made up for it. I used two coats and no top coat for my swatch:

Essie Where's My Chauffeur? Swatch

One thing that I really questioned was comparing Essie Turquoise and Caicos with Where's My Chauffeur... I will probably be doing a comparison swatch later, but I do remember that Turquoise and Caicos has a more subdued dusty tone, with a more finicky formula. I like them both in their own way.

8 comments:

  1. This is really pretty and I so agree with Essie being way over priced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see Nail Polish Canada reduced their Essie prices? It's about time. It's still too much for what it is but that was a necessary price drop!

      Delete
  2. I love Essie (this one is super pretty too!) but yeah, waay too expensive for me too :c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not worth the common $12 price tag I see here... :(

      Delete
  3. I love this colour! These types of shades are my kryptonite as well.
    I'm glad to hear this was a 2 coater. I'll look for it next time Shoppers has a buy-one-get-one-free cause I find they're not worth their price.

    For my nails I use OPI Nail Envy Original and they sure are stronger than before! I've noticed a bit of peeling in the corners though so I might switch to the one for Sensitive & Peeling Nails or to the Healthy Maintenance one (maybe they just need maintenance care instead of more strengthener).
    This product is also awesome as base coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear the Sensitive and Peeling Nails one is bad! I read some reviews on Make-up Alley and apparently they can make your nails worse! I was tempted to pick it up because I saw it for $10 at Winners. I'm keeping an eye out for the original Nail Envy at Winners because $18 is so crazy. I'm looking to replace my current base coat too though so it's awesome Nail Envy can double as one!

      Delete
    2. Good to know, I'll stay away from the sensitive nail one, thanks!

      Delete
  4. This looks a lot like Cab-ana from their new Resort Collection - a color I HAVE to have. :)

    ReplyDelete