Monday 15 April 2013

My Gunmetal VW Jetta Inspired French Tips Nail Art

I'm reaching here guys. My index finger nail is growing in quite nicely, thanks to the advice from my homegirl Caitlin when I showed her the worst lopsided witch nail over iMessage; but regardless, I need another week of growth to be happy going back to swatching. I'm going to try out Nail Envy Matte (even though my boyfriend thinks it's a cash grab) so cross fingers and hope it works!

So how about yet another throwback for Shitty Nail Art Monday? I miss doing these so here's one from last summer in 2012 when I celebrate my one year anniversary with my car, which I adore. Do you any of your love your car? I love mine. I live in the outskirts of the Vancouver city core where it's not always great to rely on your bicycle or transit. I know I'd usually get punched by "true Vancouverites" (re: snobs) by saying I love my car but you know, I do. I can do a ton of groceries, lug around my valuable camera and lighting equipment, drive down to Seattle whenever I want to. I love my car.

I drive a gunmetal Jetta and decided I'd do my nails based on it. Some simple French tips. These are my first ever attempt! For the base colour, I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Gunmetal (wow that was a mouthful) and Essie No Place Like Chrome for the tips. No Place Like Chrome was perfect for doing freehand tips because it's super opaque and it only required one stroke, no need to go over it a second time! Really clean look.

VW Jetta Inspired Freehand French Tips

VW Jetta Inspired Freehand French Tips

And here's an ugly old light box setup photo as well:

VW Jetta Inspired Freehand French Tips

I was pretty proud of these at the time, but I am glad my nails are kept a little longer, my cuticles are better taken care of and my photos are improving. Still got a long way to go! Also I am so stoked that the gunmetal polish I had matched my car almost to a tee! Yes!

3 comments:

  1. Love them! And I agree the colours match perfectly!

    I too love my car. I drive an Acura RSX 2004 (which I got in 2006 after I took over the lease from my brother - and then bought) and always say I'll drive it until it falls to pieces. So far so good! Sitting in friends' new cars does sometimes give me that little "a new car would be nice" thought, but that is quickly squashed once I sit back into my car. It's my first car and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Acura RSXs and I still do! My Jetta TDI Sport is my first car too, and I'll drive it as long as I can. The only perk to having a newer car is the fuel efficiency but even in 2004 (mine is a 2004 model too), it's still pretty OK! :)

      Delete
  2. That looks really good!! You're going to have to change the name of your posts from shitty nail art monday, to just nail art monday!!
    I've got a VW too (a bug), but it's a pain in my butt. >_<

    ReplyDelete