Thursday 18 April 2013

OPI Live and Let Die Swatch

So I posted a bunch of stuff on Instagram last night (I play the tag games once in a while). I was about to go to sleep and was fairly candid in my tired state. I woke up to such kind messages on Instagram. I never really wanted to make my nail blog about feelings; it was just intended as a "get away" but the support and kind messages were so unexpected. Thanks nail community, you guys make me smile.

It's the end of the blog week and I'll end it with OPI Live and Let Die, which was a part of last year's James Bond collection. The colour itself is a deep forest green, with flecks of gold and olive shimmer. I didn't think much of it in the bottle but on and in some light was enough to sell it to me. The formula is a nice two coater, and applied smoothly.

OPI Live and Let Die Swatch

OPI Live and Let Die Swatch

It's a bit on the dark side, so I would save it for summer wear if you really like the gold/olive shimmer like I do. Otherwise, prepare for a very dark look. I also previously used Live and Let Die as a base colour for OPI When Monkeys Fly!:

OPI When Monkeys Fly Swatch (Over OPI Live and Let Die)

OPI When Monkeys Fly Matte Swatch (Over OPI Live and Let Die)

OPI When Monkeys Fly Matte Swatch (Over OPI Live and Let Die)

Despite the taco glitter, I loved the look.

OPI Live and Let Die is in my contenders for possible polish that I may wear if I ever get a Green Arrow cross play costume together by Halloween. Either that, or it works as my every year costume - in my Slytherin garb! (Hey, it's not my fault I make a good Slytherin cosplayer.)

5 comments:

  1. Hey, you don't have the taco glitters! Woohoo, good for you, poor OPI lmao. Gorgeous combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do actually have the taco glitters! Definitely couldn't wear it for more than a day because it was snagging on everything. :/ Even with two coats of top coat too!

      Delete
  2. This polish would be awesome for a Green Arrow costume! I hope you get to do that cause I'd love to see it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will see if I end up doing it - I am so lazy with making costumes. It took me 4 years to perfect my Slytherin costume, just building it piece by piece. It's why I gotta hand it to those cosplayers for being so awesome with their craft! :)

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing with the tacos haha.
    And although it doesn't do much for me this colour has your name written all over it in neon.

    ReplyDelete