Thursday 4 April 2013

Ozotic 914 Swatch

Today is a sad day. One of my long time heroes Roger Ebert passed away. Before there was photography, I explored my own self-expression through writing and from a very young age, Siskel and Ebert exposed me to the critical eye. I didn't agree all the time with Roger Ebert but his insight and eloquent presentation of words inspired me to be able to do the same. Godspeed Roger. Thank you for always inspiring me from childhood into the adult I am today.

And now onto nail polish! Here's Ozotic 914. I was in a total love affair with Ozotic, after experiencing euphoria with 505 and 528 so I decided to give one of their standalone, no base colour required polishes a try. This one is from their collection of "scattered chromes". Ozotic 914 is a surprising duochrome of deep black, shifting into a frosty metallic blue. It is layered with bits of holographic flakies. It reminds me of space!

Ozotic 914 Swatch

My swatches are three coats, and topped with Seche Vite. I found the formula to be a little sheer and it takes a bit of time to dry, so I would suggest thin application with some generous waiting time in between coats. You can tell I got a little impatient and the final coat pulled on my index finger.

Ozotic 914 Swatch

Ozotic 914 Swatch

I love the shifting colours and the holo flakies are very unique. It's a glitter free polish and I found removal fairly easy. I think I'll have to try using this colour again with some silver chrome polish stamping!

1 comment: