Thursday 11 April 2013

Knock Out Cosmetics Flatte Black Swatch

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to read what I have experienced with Cult Nails. Writing about it was really hard for me as I don't like to speak unkindly but after dealing with disappointment, it was really nice to get it off my chest. Thank you.

Here's another oldie but a goodie. I had thought I had burned off all the old white backdrop back log photos but I found this one! Man, I hope there isn't another. This is Knock Out Cosmetics Flatte Black, which I purchase back in 2010, I believe. I was a total sucker when I saw Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs sporting it so I had to have it if I ever encountered it! Back in 2010 I wasn't into nail polish at all so when I saw it at Aritzia with a $20 price tag, I didn't think it was too bad since I only owned 3 bottles of polish! (All black at this point, hehe.)

This is a swank nail polish. It's a special occasion nail polish.

The packaging is beautiful, in it's custom fitted box, and the bottle is completely unique, dominating every other polish I have in my collection. Here is a comparison of how it compares to OPI and Cult Nails' bottle:

Knock Out Cosmetics Flatte Black Bottle Comparison

Absolutely gorgeous. That contemporary shell-like shape, finished in a frost finish. Beautiful. I have only worn this on special occasions, usually holiday parties, big events, I think I wore it on a date with some dude I really liked but whatever. Brilliant.

Now the application can be a little touchy if you aren't confident about your strokes because it's very fast drying. You can tell I had some double takes on my brush lines. It's a very opaque and thick formula on its own but two coats will ensure full coverage:

Knock Out Cosmetics Flatte Black Swatch

How does it look? It's MATTE. It reflects NO lighting. Being spoiled with an actual formulated matte polish has spoiled my views of what a matte top coat should do and I still haven't experienced anything like this.

The only downer about this nail polish is that it doesn't stay matte forever. It's matte for about a day but after washing your hands, sleeping in blankets - all of this simple activity seems to buff the finish and instead of a nice completely matte finish, it is satin-like. I also found that without top coat (which would ruin the finish), it does not have a long wear time. I'm OK with all of this though as I really do regard this polish as a special occasion "TREAT YO SELF" type of polish.

(I can't believe I just quoted that meme.)

6 comments:

  1. Wow I love this. Although my thoughts are all "that won't fit nicely in my helmer." Haha I'm a huge loser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL not a loser! I was bothered that it didn't fit nicely. In the back of my Rainbow Honey drawer, I keep boxed sets like the Ciate and OPI Man with the Golden Gun so I just keep it in the back, hehe.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of that brand before. That is a cool looking bottle, and one loooong wand! I also thought "would that fit in a helmer?", lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you'd think the long wand wouldn't be a big deal but it's so weird to paint with!!!

      Delete
  3. I love how this polish looks and dries up, but on the other hand OMG CHALKBOARD I'm already squealing XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CANNOT WAIT FOR CHALK. I may have to buy it.... Usually I am not a sucker but it's SO cool!

      Delete